Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A work in progress - the 'Charvel' guitar


While she doesn't look like much now, this guitar started life as a Charvel . Can't remember the model. Anyway, I sanded this one down to the wood and stained it, which I don't think I'm going to keep. This guitar will most likely be painted a custom color, such as Shoreline gold, maybe even Sherwood Green metallic (fender colors) or even a Les Paul gold top color... not sure yet!

Anyway, the real magic of this one comes from the Neck (LTD, fast action) and the pickups - both Gibson ('57 Classic (vintage style) humbucker, and a '57 Classic plus) in the neck position. They sound fantastic for blues, jazz, even classic rock stuff.

Don't really have much more to say on this one, because it's not complete yet, but it sounds and plays like magic... now I just need to make it look more like that! The action is quite low, and the neck is quick -- but I still can't compare the neck to guitars like my Larivee or my Jackson, they're real shred-necks and this one is a bit slower.

I love the sounds you can make from this one. She dishes out heavy tone every time, and the Gibson pickups are just amazing for blues stuff. I think the fact that the body is a bit towards the heavier side only helps things.

No comments:

Post a Comment