Sunday, January 8, 2012

Another Gibson Les Paul - Quilted Maple Burst



Since black beauty (got stepped) on , I decided to get her fixed -- but the tech still has the guitar, and I couldn't wait for my LP tone any longer so I plunged in and bought another one. It's un chambered and even heavier than my Black Beauty Les Paul, which isn't light. I love the feel / weight of this guitar, and the look. A friend suggested I go back to the gold covered pickups, so now I'm building my own combo into the gold covers.

This LP has '57 Classic Pickups in the photos, but I'm working on a 50's wiring with a Seymour Duncan JB (coil split) in the neck - SOUNDS GREAT! - and my own humbucker wound to PAF specs in the bridge. Still working on it... the guitar is in pieces right now as I write this, but it's a great guitar. Very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment