Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Schecter Madness! C-1 Classic, S-1 Elite, Hellraiser C-1 FR -

Schecter Madness 


Make no mistake about it.  My dad (also a guitar player) and I simply LOVE our Schecter guitars.  "Best bang for the buck" is how I would describe all of their guitars. Being that we prefer a Les Paul style guitar (mahogany set neck, and body) we tend to lean towards models with those features.

Here's a picture of my dad Steve holding his C-1 Classic with Vine of Life inlay, next to a S-1 Elite (left) and my Hellraiser C-1 FR (right).   They're all truly amazing instruments, which we pick up more than occasionally in spite having Gibsons, etc.  I think they are extremely underrated guitars which deserve more than a second look when considering other brands such as Ibanez, LTD / ESP, and Fender respectably.

I'll be touching on our C-1 Classic, and the Hellraiser (since I already wrote about the S-1 previously) in the future.  While the C-1 Classic, and Hellraiser are very similar instruments ; they're actually completely different in terms of the aesthetics, and the electronics and of course the Hellrasier has a Floyd Rose / Schaller bridge.  Aside from all the technicals which I'll touch on later ; I just wanted to give a shout out to Schecter for making an excellent "working man's" guitar, for not a lot of money that plays like a $2,000 guitar. My hat's off to you guys. You nailed it somehow.   As for the company, I recently had a correspondence with them in leu of a whammy bar replacement for my Hellraiser C-1 FR.  They corresponded immediately with me, and agreed to send me one quickly.   Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment