Tuesday, October 4, 2011

'62 Fender Strat RI


This is my '62 Fender Strat RI [USA], with Fender Noiseless pups. Makes all those cool vintage strat tones in spades. The color is a rare 'Surf Green', which some people love and others absolutely hate. I guess it's a preference thing, I think it's a neat 'vintage' looking color but I am not very partial to it. My dad thinks it's great, but he's from that Era (born in the 50's) and I'm sure he's drooled over a few Surf Green Fenders in his day. I say - hey - at least it's not Fiesta Red. The maple neck on this guy is suuuper smooth sailing, and very easy to play. I use this guitar for Reggae rhythms, jazz, - predominantly clean stuff, without the fluff.



The pickups are OK, but I think it might be a more interesting guitar with Texas Specials in there or something. I may change them out in the future in favor of something else ; but they do have a lot of vintage strat vibe to them. I'm not cursing them or anything, but of course they feedback etc... single coils are known for it. I guess I kind of miss having a humbucker too when I am playing this guy, so I think she sees more action when dad is in the studio these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment