Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Gibson Les Paul Black Beauty Custom Shop - 2008



This Gibson LP Black Beauty was my main guitar when I first started (really) playing well... it's an '08, custom shop with gold grovers and hardware. A great example of what a Gibson 'is all about'. This guitar has burst buckers and sounds wonderful with the distortion cranked up for leads and hard (huge) sounding rhythm stuff. It really is an awesome sounding axe, and I wouldn't trade it's tone for any other guitar. However, she still isn't my #1. See the Larrivee RS2 for that :)









The action is very nice, it's a bit inhibiting to play however and I actually prefer a 'Strat' style guitar now over the LP shape. It also weighs as much as a boat anchor and likes to dig into your belly when you play. But the tone? Yeah, Amazing.










Here is a picture of my Gibson at my uncle's recording studio in Novato. I was playing through a Jaguar Retro (2 x 10" combo) prototype at the time on loan from Jaguar Amplification. Thanks Henry!

No comments:

Post a Comment