Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Gear

I love blog posts where people get to show off their gear, so I figured I would start a blog -- detailing my gear, and some of the experiences I've had with it (good or bad) so that other fellow musicians can get an honest opinion on guitars, amps, and pickups.

A little background - I'm a total nerd. I've taken apart everything since I was 9 years old, and I do most of my own guitar work - especially when it comes to electronics. I even shocked the crap out of myself last night fixing an old Peavy Bass amp! (seriously).

Eventually, I'm going to make my own guitar brand ; and wind my own pickups. A CNC machine is my first (large leap) which I will probably take before next year (2012) to make my own guitar bodies. I think there are huge quality control issues in the guitar manufacturing process right now which can't be cured through more corporate hype. I want well made, GREAT sounding guitars with 'special' features... more on that to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment